Interfacing android and arduino through an audio connection.

Thursday 1 September 2011

LG GT540 is alive!!!

After trying to use LG official software in order to upgrade my GT540, I had some problems as I already wrote down here. That's why I decided to use the KDZ UPDATER, in the next lines I will explain how I could make it:

Issues to consider:
  • I will NOT take responsibility for possible errors that could affect the device.
  • I suggest to back up every app, docs, contacts...
Steps:
  1. Download the firmware, you can choose from this list. I used and suggest: V20A
  2. Download and extract the KDZ UPDATER ENGLISH.
  3. Download and install the LG GT540 driver from offical website.
  4. LG GT540 -> Settings->Applications->Development-> Enable USB debugging.
  5. Settings->SD card & phone storage->Disable Mass storage only.
  6. Connect your LG to your computer with the USB link.
  7. Execute KDZ_FW_UPD.exe and select 3GQCT.
  8. Look for the archive KDZ that we previously downloaded and press the long button down there.
  9. The GT540 will star a process that might take for 5 minutes, the device will be set up in Emergency Mode several times, but don't worry about that. You don't need to do anything. DON'T TRY TO DISCONNECT THE DEVICE, DON'T INTERRUPT THE PROCESS, DON'T SHUTT IT OFF. Once it finishes the proecces it will be restarted by default. It will be like the first time you used it, like if it were recently made.
  10. KDZ Updater will anounce that the process is over, so here is when we can disconnect the GT540,
Links:
  1. lg.clubmobile.es
  2. android.modaco.com

1 comment: